The 2015-2016 H&SC Needs You!
Our school is so lucky to have an excellent volunteer base. The wheels are already in motion to finalize H&SC Committee Chairpeople for the 2015-2016 school year. Take a peek at some of the current openings below. See something you’d like to work on? E-mail email@example.com for additional information about any of these positions.
- Interested in getting involved with CASA (Community Against Substance Abuse)? We are looking for a new rep to attend monthly CASA meetings and help execute Red Ribbon Week in late October.
- Any Dads looking to help out? Stephen Slater, longtime Dads Club leader, is always looking for more Dads to chip in. Dads Club helps with many things, including Family Movie Night.
- FAC Representative (This is an appointed, influential position within the district. Requires a financial background and a 2-year commitment.)
- Are you creative? Consider working on Teacher Appreciation! Teacher Appreciation Chairs coordinate food for conference weeks and organize an end-of-year staff luncheon.
Other positions we are looking to fill:
• New Family Welcome Chairperson
• Mileage Club Chairperson
Board Candidate Vote and 2015-2016 Preliminary Budget Approval
Let’s celebrate a wonderful year! Please join us for our final meeting of the year, followed immediately by our annual Home & School Club Volunteer Luncheon. Look for an RSVP sign-up in next week’s Beehive.
The business portion of our meeting will be brief, but important. We will vote on our preliminary 2015-2016 budget and on our 2015-2016 H&SC Board of Directors slate of candidates. If you cannot attend the meeting, Proxy Vote forms will be available in the office. Please submit all Proxy Votes to the box in the office prior to the meeting. The 2015-2016 slate of candidates is as follows:
All Board members are expected to attend all Board and Member meetings.
How Does California Fund Its Schools?