From the Principal's Desk
August 12, 2020
Dear Blossom Hill Families:
Welcome to the 2020-21 school year! There is excitement is in the air as we prepare for the opening of our virtual classrooms tomorrow. I would like to extend a special greeting to all of the new families joining our learning community and warmly welcome back our returning families. Our goal at Blossom Hill is to build a strong Home/School connection to provide our students with a rich learning environment focused on each child’s social/emotional well-being and development, prioritized Common Core Standards, and a variety of enrichment opportunities.
Yesterday, class assignments were emailed to families. Unfortunately, there was a glitch in the software and it transposed some of assignments after the email was sent. You can imagine our surprise when we compared screen shots of email messages sent to families that did not match those received by families. Complicating the issue is that this error occurred randomly, so we do not know which families received incorrect information. Please know I understand this misfortunate occurrence has created confusion and in some cases angst and I respectfully request that you recognize our positive intentions and that such errors can occur. Thank you.
To best clarify your classroom assignment this year, please consider the welcome email that you receive from your child’s teacher today your official notification.
Below you will find information for this week’s Supply Distribution Schedule and next week’s Back-to-School Night Schedule. Please look for more detailed information to come from your child’s teacher.
MATERIALS DISTRIBUTION SCHEDULE
1:15-1:45 Kindergarten/Cherry Blossom Drive-thru
1:15-1:45 1st Grade/Blossom Hill Drive-thru & Parking Lot
2:00-2:30 2nd Grade/Blossom Hill Drive-thru & Parking Lot
1:15-1:45 3rd Grade/Cherry Blossom Drive-thru
1:15-1:45 4th Grade/Blossom Hill Drive-thru & Parking Lot
2:00-2:30 5th Grade/Blossom Hill Drive-thru & Parking Lot
To best prepare for the materials distribution, please follow the guidelines below to ensure a safe and efficient experience for all. Thank you.
What to do before you leave home:
- Write your student’s first and last name visibly (dark ink/marker preferred!) on a piece of paper to hang/post in your car window or dashboard.
- Come during your designated time, as we will have your student’s materials ready for the exchange.
- Stay inside your vehicle and keep your windows up.
- Watch for staff members directing traffic and asking you to stop or move forward. We appreciate your patience and cooperation during this process!
- Ensure that your student’s name is visibly posted in your vehicle window or on your dashboard.
- A staff member will ask or motion you to open your trunk or hatch.
- A staff member will place pre-bagged student’s personal items in the trunk or back of your vehicle.
- Once this procedure is complete, the staff member will close your trunk or ask you to activate your trunk closing.
- At the conclusion of the drop-off, a staff member will let you know you are finished and ready to go!
Back-to-School Night ~ Thursday, August 20
6:00-6:40 Grades: Kindergarten, 1st & 2nd Grade Sessions
6:45-7:30 Grades: 3rd, 4th & 5th Grade Sessions
Your classroom teacher will send you a Zoom link prior to the event
Although this year looks a bit different now, please be assured we are dedicated to providing your child(ren) a joyful, meaningful, and engaging virtual classroom learning experience. One of the vital components for a successful year is ongoing communication between parents and the staff. Anytime you have a question or concern you need to share about your child, please contact your child’s teacher. In addition, it is a priority to me to have a supportive relationship with all Blossom Hill students. If you would like to speak with me, please don’t hesitate to contact me by email or phone. I value direct and open communication and am dedicated to continuous improvement to make Blossom Hill the best school it can be.
In education together,
Lisa Reynolds, Principal